When we write information on our site, we often come across some great quotes that are funny, inspirational or just stupid. We feel it is only fair to share our favorite camping quotes with you. So here is our list so far!
This quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson is one of our all time favorites!
Our Favorite Camping Quotes
- Camping: nature’s way of promoting the motel industry. ~Dave Barry, Only Travel Guide You’ll Ever Need
- Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin
- Camping: The art of getting closer to nature while getting farther away from the nearest cold beverage, hot shower and flush toilet. ~Author Unknown
- I got into an argument with a girlfriend inside of a tent. That’s a bad place for an argument, because then I tried to walk out and slammed the flap. How are you supposed to express your anger in this situation? Zipper it up really quick? ~Mitch Hedberg
- It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent. ~Dave Barry
- How is it that one match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box of matches to start a campfire? ~Christy Whitehead
- In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. ~ John Muir
- I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order. ~ John Burroughs
- To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug. ~ Helen Keller
- The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness. ~ John Muir
- What would be ugly in a garden constitutes beauty in a mountain. ~ Victor Hugo
We hope to keep adding to our favorite camping quotes list as we come across new ones, we would love it if you could add your personal favorites to. Comment below and let us know your top quote!