The Merrell Moab Mid boots are a popular choice with hikers, undeniably robust and supportive, they are also really soft and require no period of breaking in. These factors are a welcome addition when walking long distances.
Merrell boots have been popular with hikers for many years and their innovative designs seem to get better each year. This boot is one of the classics and one of their best sellers.
“This is the most comfortable pair of hiking shoes that I have ever worn. They feel custom fitted”REI.com/outlet
Features of the Merrell Moab Mid Boots
- Waterproof Dura leather and nylon ventilator mesh uppers offer ample breathability, flexibility and support for long-lasting performance
- Mesh padded tongues protect insteps against lace pressure without inhibiting breathability
- Waterproof, seam-sealed inner booties offer a new level of breathability while retaining complete waterproof protection
- Linings are treated with AEGIS® antimicrobial technology to keep odors at bay
- Synthetic leather toe bumpers and heel wraps protect your feet from bumps and abrasions
- Q-Form™ alignment system provides women with a precise anatomic fit for superb, tailored comfort
- Removable, anatomic footbeds add cushioning for improved comfort
- Full-length, compression-molded EVA midsoles supply cushioning and support for all-day wear
- Air-cushioned heels provide extra shock absorption under heels and stabilize your foot strike
- Molded nylon arch shanks increase stability on uneven terrain
- Vibram® Multi-Sport™ outsoles with TC5+ rubber and 5mm lugs deliver reliable traction on both wet and dry surfaces
Benefits of the Merrell Moab Mid Boots
Commonly used by the military, these boots are said to be so comfortable that you won’t know that you’re wearing anything upon your feet. They are constructed with waterproof dura leather and ventilated mesh. The breathable mesh lining is treated with an antimicrobial solution which protects insides of the boots from bacteria spreading and causing pungent odors and fungal infections.
“These boots are very comfortable and have very little break-in time. After my first hike there was no stiffness in the boots. I have worn them over 200 miles, so far, and they are still holding up perfectly” REI.com/outlet
If you normally trek on rough terrain, then you will benefit from the Bellows tongue which prevents dust and debris from entering your boots. Gore-Tex has been used to keep feet dry during inclement weather and allows feet to breathe comfortably even in hot climates. The synthetic toecap and heel counter protect heels and toes from injury. The Orthalite footbed is one of the many reasons that that Merrell Moab gtx are so comfortable to wear. The midsole and outsole have a nylon shank which cushions the entire foot and gives much needed support to the arch of the foot. The entire footframe of the boots offer welcoming air cushioning so that you’ll feel like you’re wearing your favorite pair of comfy shoes. The molded EVA Vibram multi-spot sole gives walkers and climbers exceptional shock absorption and stability.
Merrell Moab mid Waterproof review – What the Walkers Have to Say
Reviews seem to indicate that the Merrell Moab Mid are popular with customers. Reviews stipulate that these sturdy yet comfy boots make light work of both packed and melting snow allowing your tootsies to stay toasty warm and dry. Wearers of Merrell Moab waterproof hiking boots-men’s have assured other potential customers that these boots are perfect for negotiating yourself around slimy rocks in coastal areas, and are most suited to rock climbing thanks to their super gripping qualities.
A handful of owners who have been wearing the Merrell Moab Mid Waterproof footwear for years, complained about laces fraying at the edges, but this is down to normal everyday wear and tear, and replacement laces are inexpensive to buy from the manufacturer. Some male users mentioned in passing that they had to order a half size bigger as they felt that these boots were slightly small fitting. Obviously these boots don’t claim to cure pain but you can be sure that they won’t exacerbate aches and pains like other boots sometimes do. Foot wear like Merrell Moab mid, means that you can always put your best foot forward.